What are QLINE’s hours of operation?
QLINE service is temporarily suspended. Regular hours are:
- Monday-Thursday 6 a.m.- 12 a.m.
- Friday 6 a.m.-2 a.m.
- Saturday 8 a.m.-2 a.m.
- Sunday 8 a.m.-11 p.m.
How much are tickets?
QLINE is now on the Dart, the region’s transit payment system. Ticket purchase options are:
- 4-hour regional Dart pass with unlimited transfers between systems for $2, with a reduced fare price of $.50 for qualified riders.
- A 24-hour regional Dart pass with unlimited transfers between systems for $5, with a reduced price of $2.
- A 7-day regional Dart pass for $22 with a reduced price of $10 for qualified riders.
- A 31-day for $70 with a reduced price of $29 for qualified riders.
- QLINE only monthly pass for $30.
Who is eligible for reduced fare?
Seniors, people with disabilities, Medicare Cardholders, and students in grades 9-12 and youth ages six to 18 – who show valid ID are eligible for reduced fares.
Can I transfer from DDOT and SMART to QLINE and from QLINE to the bus systems?
Transfers are no longer needed on the QLINE, SMART or DDOT. All three systems are now on the Dart payment system. Rides are unlimited and transfers free with a Dart pass. Monthly and annual QLINE only passes are good only honored on the QLINE. DDOT only and SMART only tickets are honored only on those systems. Riders gain access to all systems with a Dart ticket.
Who do I talk to if I am confused about ticketing?
Ambassadors along the QLine route are there to help. These individuals are present to guide and assist riders with questions pertaining to stopping points, ticketing issues, and general questions involving purchase methods and options.
How do I purchase a QLINE ticket?
- Visit the QLINE ticketing mobile site to purchase with a credit or debit card.
- Download the QLINE Detroit mobile app for iPhone or Android.
- Daily and 3-hour fares are available for purchase at QLINE stations with a credit or debit card.
- Cash purchases can be made on the streetcar for daily and three-hour fares.
- Annual and monthly passes are also available with a money order or check at the Penske Tech Center, 7520 Woodward between 9am-4pm.
Where can I park near the QLINE?
- You can find parking maps for the City of Detroit http://www.detroitmi.gov/parking and other parking operators http://detroit.bestparking.com/neighborhoods/.
- ParkWhiz is the best place to find and book a guaranteed parking space before you reach your destination.
Why is it important to pay my fare?
Simply put, its the right thing to do – and it’s the law. Fare evasion tickets are a misdemeanor crime that require appearance before a judge in 36th District Court. Cases are adjudicated by a judge or officer of the court.
Are bicycles allowed on the QLINE ?
- Bicycles are permitted on the QLINE. They must be hung on the vertical bike racks while riding. Cyclists yield priority seating to those traveling on wheelchairs or with strollers.
Where are QLINE stations and what destinations are nearby?
- Visit the QLINE route guide.
Is the QLINE air-conditioned or heated?
- QLINE is climate controlled. Stations have heat in the winter.
What are the potential consequences of fare evasion?
Ordinance violations including fare evasion are enforced by the Detroit Transit Police. Dodging fares could result in a misdemeanor citation that could cost violators up to $500 and potential prison time. It is important to note that penalties for dodging are not determined by the QLine.
How is the QLINE powered?
- The QLINE is powered by a 750-volt lithium ion battery, operating 60% off-wire, the highest percentage of any streetcar system in the United States.
How fast does QLINE travel?
QLINE travels with vehicular traffic up to 30 m.p.h., the maximum speed on Woodward Ave. and stops for traffic lights.
What accommodations are made for people with disabilities to ride the QLINE ?
- All streetcar stations and vehicles are ADA accessible with level boarding and manual doors operated by the driver. Sound and lighting systems indicate when the streetcar doors are opening and closing.
Are strollers allowed on the QLINE ?
- Strollers are permitted on the QLINE. Level-boarding at station platforms enables easy access and strollers can be stored on the low-floor area of the QLINE.
Where does QLINE go?
- QLINE travels on Woodward Ave. from Congress (Downtown) to Grand Blvd (North End/New Center) with 12 total stops along the route. A one-way trip takes approximately 20-25 minutes depending on traffic.
Is security personnel aboard the streetcar?
Transit police will make random checks on streetcars throughout the day to verify fares. Stations are equipped with security cameras and emergency phones.
Is the QLINE be wi-fi enabled?
- Yes. QLINE and its stations have free wi-fi.
How big are the cars?
QLINE’s modern three-piece, articulated cars are 66 feet long with 34 seats and carry an average of 125 passengers per car.